Camp Randall Memorial

© Photographed April 23, 2017
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.069344, -89.410461
Camp Randall Memorial

Dedicated to the men of Wisconsin who
fought to preserve the union, 1861-1865.
Here trained more than 70,000 of the
state's citizens who served in the
embattled nation's armed forces.
Camp Randall has borne witness for well
over a century to the peaceful hopes and
aspirations of the commonwealth.

The memorial is affixed to the south-facing facade of the Camp Randall Sports Center and is accessible from southbound Monroe Street, south of its intersection with North Randall Avenue, at or near 1430 Monroe Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53711.

See also, University of Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame, also at this location.

The memorial is affixed to the far right corner
of the south side of the Camp Randall Sports Center.


Looking north along Monroe Street.

A Civil War cannon at the location.

The memorial is affixed to the far right corner of the
Camp Randall Sports Center, next to the
University of Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame.

The memorial is located on the UW-Madison campus
in Madison, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment