45° 34.088′ N, 92° 30.577′ W
FIRST DANISH SEMINARY
On February 13, 1887, the Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church in America established its first seminary on this site with Pastor Thorvald Helveg as President, assisted by Pastor Jens Pederson and a layman, J.P. Petersen. In 1888 Pastor P.S. Vig succeeded Pastor Pedersen. Eleven to fifteen students attended each year of its operation. Factional strife within the synod forced the closing of the seminary in 1892.
This marker and location are included in the Wisconsin Registered Landmarks program (1964-1973).
See also, Site of West Denmark Seminary 1887-1893, also at this location.