Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park

© Photographed September 11, 2016
Danbury, Burnett County, Wisconsin
45°56'14.7"N 92°25'04.0"W
45.937429, -92.417773 

Forts
Folle Avoine
Tours  Museums  Gift Shop
The Historical Park is located near Danbury, Wisconsin on 80 beautiful wooded acres along the historic Yellow River. ​The park is a living history site with two Fur Trade Posts; North West Company and the XY Company, reconstructed on the site known to be active from 1802 to 1805.​
Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park is located on the east bank of the Yellow River and is accessible from westbound County Road U, between North Lake Road (to the east) and East Bass Lake Road (to the west), at or near 8500 County Road U, Danbury, Wisconsin 54830.

NOTE: This park is dog friendly!! Well-behaved pups are welcome on the grounds of Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park and can accompany their humans on the tour of the Indian Village. So cool!!

Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park

The History of Forts Folle Avoine

Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park Facebook Page

Nearby camping: DuFour's Pine Tree Campground


The County Road U entrance to the park . . .





The main building / entrance.

Some of the exhibits inside the museum:








Some of the out buildings:





Following the path to the Indian Village tour:









The re-enactor was fabulous!!!









Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park
is located in Danbury, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment