Chittamo

© Photographed September 12, 2016
Minong, Washburn County, Wisconsin
46.134684, -91.715282
 46°08'04.9"N 91°42'55.0"W
CHITTAMO

Chittamo meaning squirrel in Ojibwa was settled
in the early 1890's. This school was built in 1921 and
held classes for local children until 1950. In 1969
it was then used as the Frog Creek Township, Town
Hall until 2005, when a new hall was
build about 5 miles southwest of here.

The marker is located at the Chittamo Cemetery and is accessible from northbound County Road G, just south of its intersection with Town Hall Road / Colton Road, Minong, Wisconsin 54859.


A pretty isolated location . . .

The marker is located in Minong, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment