Menominee-Derived from the Algonquin meno, [sic] meaning good and "min," a term for train, fruit or berry. Wile rice (menomin) flourished in the extensive wetlands of the pristine Menomonee Valley.
- Markers by County
- Wisconsin Regisitered Landmarks
- Veterans Memorials
- Heritage Sign Program
- My Articles
- My story
- Marker Seekers Nationwide
- Out of State
- Wisconsin's Whimsical Roadside Attractions
- National Historic Landmarks
- National Natural Landmarks
- Numerical List of Wisconsin Historical Society "Official" Markers
- E-mail me
- © Copyright notice
© Photographed August 14, 2016
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
The boulder is located along the Hank Aaron State Trail and is easily accessible from westbound West Canal Street, at its intersection with North 32nd Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53208.
Looking north along North 32nd Street.
Looking west along West Canal Street.
That's Miller Park (home of the Milwaukee Brewers) in the distance.