- Markers by County
- Wisconsin Regisitered Landmarks
- Veterans Memorials
- Heritage Sign Program
- My Articles
- My story
- Marker Seekers Nationwide
- Out of State
- Wisconsin's Whimsical Roadside Attractions
- National Historic Landmarks
- National Natural Landmarks
- Numerical List of Wisconsin Historical Society "Official" Markers
- E-mail me
- © Copyright notice
The Milwaukee Road
© Photographed August 14, 2016
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
THE MILWAUKEE ROAD
By dredge and fill,
the Menomonee Valley
offered river and rail access
to Milwaukee industry.
The "West Milwaukee" railroad shops
dominated the end of the valley,
and were the city's larger employer.
The marker is located along the Hank Aaron Trail, adjacent to westbound West Canal Street, west of its intersection with West Roundhouse Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53208.
The boulder is included in the Merrill Park Eight Boulders and a Pavilion Tour.
Looking north -- a gorgeous summer day in Milwaukee!
Looking east along the Hank Aaron Trail,
with West Canal Street to the right.
The marker is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.