Trinity-Freistadt Historical Site: 8 Mueller Machine Shed

© Photographed July 16, 2016
Erected by Trinity Historical Society
Mequon, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
43.233936, -88.046221 
43° 14.031′ N, 88° 2.799′ W
Google Map

8
MUELLER MACHINE SHED
 
History of Mueller Machine Shed
The Mueller Machine shed was built in the 1870's and is sided in sawn lumber. It was originally located on the farm of Werner Mueller, an early member of the Freistadt community. The farm was on Mequon Road, 1/4 mile west of Granville Road.
What was a Machine Shed?
A machine shed was used to store farm machinery and vehicles, just as today a garage protects vehicles from the weather and helps to prolong their usefulness. There was also an area set aside to make repairs. Originally the work bench was placed beneath the windows on the south side of the building to provide light for work during the afternoon.

It was moved to this location in the mid 1970's.
The marker is located at Trinity-Freistadt Historical Site, and is accessible from southbound North Church Place, south of its intersection with West Freistadt Road, at or near 11705 North Church Place, Mequon, Wisconsin 53097.

Unfortunately, the Facebook Page does not post hours that the location is open.


See also, Marker 85: The Oldest Lutheran Church in Wisconsin, a short distance from the Trinity Freistadt Historical Site.

 The marker is affixed to the building, in the middle.


Freistadt (literally "Freetown") is today located in the
postal area of Mequon, Wisconsin.


 Mueller Machine Shed is located at
Trinity-Freistadt Historical Site in Mequon, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment