G. W. Easterly House 1876

© Photographed May 7, 2017
Erected by Whitewater Landmarks Commission
Whitewater, Jefferson County, Wisconsin
42.835268, -88.739051
42°50'07.0"N 88°44'20.6"W

The G. W. Easterly House is located on southbound North Easterly Avenue, at its intersection with Old Highway 12, at or near 604 West Main Street, Whitewater, Wisconsin 53190.

Whitewater Historic Landmarks Guide
This late Italianate house was designed by noted Milwaukee architect, H. C. Koch and built for G. W. Esterly, the son of George Esterly, an inventor, who founded the Esterly Reaper Works, Whitewater’s leading nineteenth century industry. It is a later variation of the Italianate style with a taller and steeper hip roof, and a main elevation that is dominated by a tall narrow entry pavilion with a large gable and returned eaves. It was later occupied by Teacher’s College (UW-Whitewater) President, Frank Hyer. Of special note is the art glass in the inner set of entry doors.
The foregoing content used with generous permission of Whitewater Landmarks Commission.  All rights reserved.




The property is now home to the Delta Zeta Sorority.

The property is located in the Historic Starin Park Neighborhood.

G. W. Easterly House is located in Whitewater, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment