Italian Workmen's Club 1922/1936

© Photographed April 23, 2017
Erected 1990 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.06′ N, 89° 24.112′ W
Google Map

ITALIAN WORKMEN'S CLUB
1922 / 1936
 One of the few buildings remaining from the original Italian community in Greenbush, the Italian Workmen's Club was constructed by volunteer labor in 1922, with a major renovation in 1936. John Icke, local contractor and benefactor of the Italian community, assisted in the construction. The Club was founded in 1912 as a mutual benefit society for Madison's Italian families. The Club, still thriving, provides charitable benefits to its members, along with social activities such as the annual "Festa Italia."
Designated April 18, 1990
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound Regent Street, between South Park Street (to the east) and North Brooks Street (to the west), at 914 Regent Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53715.

The marker is No. 90 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

See also these nearby related markers:

 The plaque is visible to the right of the entrance.





 The Italian Workmen's Club is next to Regent Liquor.

 The Italian Workman's Club is located in Madison, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment