East Side High School 1922

© Photographed May 14, 2017
Erected 2012 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 5.82′ N, 89° 21.22′ W
Google Map

EAST SIDE HIGH SCHOOL
Frank Riley, Architect
1922
This school was built during a school board facility expansion initiative beginning in 1920 to serve the growing east side neighborhood. The school has become a neighborhood anchor, uniting the community through ethnic and economic changes. Significant for its association with the educational history of Madison, the building also an excellent example of the Collegiate Gothic style. The imposing brick and stone fa├žade features a prominent central entrance tower with Gothic arched openings, stone tracery and parapet. The wings feature regularly placed windows with stone surrounds.
Designated September 18, 2007
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound East Washington Avenue / U.S. Route 151, at its intersection with Fourth Street, at 2222 East Washington Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53704.

The marker is No. 171 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.











 The north wing . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment