St. Lawrence Church

© Photographed May 27, 2017
Erected 1990 by Washington County Landmark Commission
Hartford, Washington County, Wisconsin
 43° 22.174′ N, 88° 19.975′ W

ST. LAWRENCE CHURCH
St. Lawrence, WI
The congregation of St. Lawrence was organized in 1846 and is one of the oldest Roman Catholic parishes in Washington County. The first log church, located at the southwest corner of the cemetery, was blessed by Bishop Henni in October, 1846. This building was replaced by a frame church, blessed by Father Beiter in February, 1854, and was located east of the rectory. It was served by the well-known missionary priest, Father Rehrl, in 1855 and 1856. The present structure was erected in 1880-1882 and was consecrated October 4, 1882, by Archbishop Heiss, and is the only consecrated Roman Catholic Church in Washington County.
The marker is located at St. Lawrence Church on the northeast corner of Highway K and Highway 175 in St. Lawrence (Hartford) Wisconsin 53027.

The marker is one in a series of markers placed by the Washington County Landmarks Commission.







The cemetery adjacent to the church.

Can't miss that steeple!

Cool restaurant across from the church.

The church steeple is visible to the left.

The church is located in St. Lawrence (Hartford), Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment